Senior Language Tutor
Multimedia in Language Teaching
- Xing, M. 2006. Morphological awareness in vocabulary learning. Theoretical and Empirical Approach to Applied Chinese Language Studies, Yuan, B (Ed), Cypress Books, London.
- Wang, J. and Xing, M. 2006. Meta-cognitive beliefs in language learning. International Conference of European Writing Centres Association, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Xing, M. 2005. The orthographic depth hypothesis: how deep is Chinese Hanzi? Hanzi Renzhi International Conference, Germersheim, Germany.
- Xing, M. 2005. Integration of face-to-face learning in class and e-learning after class. The 4th International Conference on Chinese Internet Education, Taiwan.
- Xing, M. & E. Oliver, 2005. Morphology and e-learning Chinese vocabulary. Operational Strategies and Pedagogy for Chinese Language Programs in the 21st Century, Taiwan.
- Xing, M. 2004. Chinese character recognition. Kunming, Yunnan International Conference.
- Xing, M. 2003. Raising Students' Cultural Awareness in Academic Writing. The Second International Scientific Conference: Language and Culture. Moscow, Russia. Special Edition of Journal of Philology, Russia.
- Xing, M. & K. Spencer. 2002. Differential Effects of Orthographic Transparency on Dyslexia. International Conference on Language and Philosophy, Athens, Greece.
- Xing, M. & Wang, J. 2001. Integrating Chinese Culture with Chinese Language Teaching. International Conference on Language Teaching, Antwerp, Belgium.
- Wang, J. & M. Xing 2001. Removing Cultural Barriers in Language Learning. International Conference on Technology Supported Learning and Training: On-line Education, Berlin, Germany.
- Xing, M. & Wang. J. 2000. Instilling Cultural Elements into Language Learning via Multimedia. The Innovations in Higher Education 2000. Helsinki, Finland.
- Xing, M. & K. Spencer. 2000. Creating Communicative Language Environment via Online Communication. The CALICO 2000 Core Technologies: Impact on the Future, Arizona, USA.
- Xing, M. 1999. Computer in Teaching Initiative. Journal of Media in Foreign Language Instruction. Shanghai, China. 4/99, pp 41-47.
- Xing, M. 2004. Multimedia in Language and Culture. Liverpool: Manutius Press.
- Xing, M. 1999. English Listening Textbook. Harbin Institute of Technology Publishing House, China.
- Xing, M. 1999. English Listening and Speaking Textbook. Harbin Institute of Technology Publishing House, China.
- Xing, M. & Wang. J. 1997. English – Chinese Translation. Harbin Institute of Technology Publishing House, China.
- Xing, M. 1996. English for Computer Science. Shanghai Science and Technology Publishing House, China.
- Xing, M. 1996. English Writing Skills. Harbin Institute of Technology Publishing House, China.
- Xing, M. & Wang. J. 1996. How to Write English Essays. Heilongjiang Education Publishing House, China.
01/00– 05/03 PhD in Multimedia in Language Teaching at
Salford University, UK
09/98–09/99 MA in Educational Technology at Hull
09/85-09/87 MA in Language Teaching at Harbin
Institute of Technology, China
09/81–09/85 BA in English at Northeast Teachers’
09/02 – 08/07 University Teacher at Nottingham
University, the UK
09/95 – 09/02 Professor of Applied Linguistics at
Harbin Institute of Technology, China
09/91 – 09/95 Associate Professor of English at Harbin
Institute of Technology, China
09/89 – 09/91 Lecturer of English at Harbin Institute of
09/87 – 09/89 Assistant lecturer of English, at Harbin Institute of Technology, China
09/94–09/95 Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
Research in Computer-Assisted Language Teaching
09/93- 09/94 Zhejiang University, China
Research in Computer Science in Education
Intensive and extensive reading, writing, listening and speaking at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.